Most people display good self-care habits when they are caring for others. The most important people in their life are showered with great care and concern. There is, however, one important person that is forgotten – You.
While many believe that self-care is a habit and in fact, the most important habit one can have. Self-neglect however does occur for a variety of reasons.
It is important to take better care of yourself.
You see, the better you will be able to care for others. That is why experts recommend these critical daily self-care habits.
List Of 7 Self-Care Habits You Should Do Everyday
- Try and use daily positive affirmations. If you find that you are negative about yourself, instead try daily positive affirmations. You can do this when you are getting ready in the morning and even right before bed. This will give you a better perspective on life and your self-worth. Maybe try meditation. With time, you are going to be very pleased with the results.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. Do not believe those people who brag that they only need 5 hours of sleep. It does not work and every one of them is exaggerating. The science on hours of needed sleep is truly clear. You need at least seven hours of sleep for maximum health and cognitive abilities. Some people need even more sleep during the week.
- Walk every night. If you can walk outside – great! If not, walk around the house or try a treadmill. It is a great time to do your daily positive affirmations. Try to walk alone, if it is safe, as it is a great time to think. Focus on two things – moving your legs and maintaining your balance and free your brain to think creatively with positive thoughts.
Walking is also good exercise. Way too many of us spend too much time sitting every day. Walking is fantastic for your mind, body, and soul. The key is to get your body moving and active
- Eat Healthy Foods and Meals. Yes, we all love to eat high-calorie foods that are not particularly good for us. But committing yourself to eat healthier is a fantastic way to feel better. You will be astonished at how much better you feel when you start eating healthier. You will feel good mentally and physically.
- Grab a book and read each day. Forget newspapers and magazines. They will only bring you down with the news or prevent positive thoughts looking at how the “rich and famous” live. A book is great for your brain health. It has been shown that those people who read daily have better cognitive abilities than those that do not read daily. This advantage extends into old age, too. Good self-care habits include constantly stimulating your imagination. Reading a book does this in a unique way. Imagine how much you could learn and stimulate your imagination by reading just 30 minutes each day.
- Unplug from the world of electronics. This feeds right into self-care tip #5 above. Rest your brain from the constant noise of the TV, the internet, your smartphone, and tablets, etc. At least a few hours each day unplug and give yourself rest from this noise.
- Start a bullet journal to track daily gratitude. Every day there are numerous positive things you should have thanks and gratitude for. We know that sometimes it seems like there is nothing good going on in your life. There are lots of good things happening in your life. If you try, you may realize that you are just failing to recognize them. Keep a journal of gratitude and write in it every day. Do not write down the frustrating or disappointing things that happen. Those happen to everyone. Just journal the positive things.
Self-care is an important habit to develop.
It is hard to receive more respect from others when you are not willing to show respect for yourself.
By starting these 7 daily self-care habits today you will be able to start living a happier and healthier life and lifestyle. You will have a better outlook on life. What is stopping you from adopting these self-care habits?
4 Self-Care During The Holidays – Holiday Survival Tips
Looking for tips for self-care during the holidays during 2020? Here are 4-holiday self-care habits that may help you navigate them with a smile.
5 Self-Care Activities You Can Do Indoors
Self-care activities are important when you are spending more time indoors because of cooling weather or from virus concerns. Here are 5 fun activities.